FREE ONLINE LEARNING FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Members receive access to ChessKid.com and can be granted a GOLD status by their Chess Club Coach.
"LIVE" SJ CHESS CLUB TOURNAMENTS ON CHESSKID.COM
LIVE Tournaments are very similar to Tournaments held in our School-Site Chess Club programs but are held 100% Online. Top point earners in each section still earn Chess Club Trophies, Medals, Certificates, and much more.
LIVE Tourneys are always FREE to Members of our School & Online Chess Club classes and open to K-12th grade Students under the age of 18, of any age or chess skill level. Students are automatically paired up and sectioned into groups by age, grade, rating, or coach recommendation
HOW TO JOIN OUR "LIVE" CHESS TOURNAMENTS ONLINE?
1. Click on the "ChessKid" logo above then find the "Fast Chess" button or use the link sent directly by your Chess Club Coach.
PLAY VERSUS KID
1. Find the Tournaments tab and click the Tournament name.
2. Tournament Start Time will be displayed. You can only click the JOIN button 15 minutes before Start Time.
3. When the button turns bright orange, you can click to join the Tournament!
4. Once you have joined, wait for the game to start. The countdown to start time shows at the top.
5. If you need to leave the Tournament, you can do so by clicking the "x" at the top right of the Tournament screen. This will remove you completely. If you click the "x" mid-Tournament, you cannot rejoin. If you accidentally remove yourself during registration time, you can rejoin by going through the first steps.
Use a computer Browser to access Live Chess, not a mobile device of any kind.
Google Chrome & Firefox have the best performance. Please do not use Microsoft Edge as you may find your games disconnecting frequently. Safari is acceptable if you are using a Mac computer, but Google Chrome is still the best overall for Macs & PCs.
Clear out your browser cache and cookies. Browsers perform best with a little maintenance and this little "tune-up" can really help!
Make sure you are not actively running any other programs or software on your computer so as to conserve your computer's resources.
Strong wi-fi is recommended but if you have the option to connect directly to your internet modem, that would be best!